Demolition of des Chenaux overpass
Roadblocks to be expected
The Ministère des Transports informs road users that the demolition of the Chemin des Chenaux overpass will result in the complete closure of Highway 40 in both directions and some ramps as of 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 23. The highway will reopen at 10:30 am on Sunday morning, but some ramps will be closed until 8:30 pm on Sunday evening.
On the night of Saturday, November 23 at 8:30 p.m. to Sunday, November 24 at 10:30 a.m. (except for two ramps near the bridge that will open at 8:30 p.m. on Sunday evening):
- Closure of Highway 40 eastbound from Exit 32 (Sorel-Tracy)
- Closure of the A-30 ramp from Valleyfield to the A-40 eastbound (at Exit 1)
- Closure of the entrance ramp of the roundabout on boulevard de la Cité-des-Jeunes towards the A-40 eastbound
- Closure of the entrance ramp to boulevard de la Cité-des-Jeunes passing under chemin des Chenaux heading east on the A-40: closed until Sunday at 8:30 p.m.
- Closure of Highway 40 westbound at Exit 40 (Senneville Road)
- Closure of the Highway 40 westbound service road at Boulevard des Anciens-Combattants
- Closure of the Morgan Boulevard entrance ramp to the A-40 westbound
- Closure of Boulevard des Anciens-Combattants northbound at the access ramp to the A-40 service road westbound
- Closure of exit ramp 36 (Dumberry Road) of Highway 40 westbound: closing until Sunday at 8:30 p.m.
Detour paths will be marked with traffic signs.
For more information on the reconstruction of the Chemin des Chenaux overpass, visit the project's Web page (in french only).