More than just a place to borrow books, Vaudreuil-Dorion library is truly a complete environment for residents.
New measures - COVID-19
With the latest measures announced by the Quebec government allowing libraries to open their doors to the public, the municipal library will once again welcome citizens, starting Monday, February 8, 10 a.m. The schedule had to be slightly modified due to the curfew. Users will have access to the building Monday to Friday, between 10 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Online registration or by phone at 450 455-3371, option 6, starting January 19.
All trainings will take place on the Zoom platform. The link will be sent by email a few days before the event.
Introduction to digital reading
- Thursdays, March 18 (10:00-11:30 a.m.), April 15 (7:00-8:30 p.m.), May 13 (10:00-11:30 a.m.) and June 17 (2:00-3:30 p.m.)
- For all
To learn how to download digital books and magazines. The participant must have a tablet or a reading light.
The training could take place in person in the event of a reduction in health requirements.
Introduction to Facebook
- Thursdays, March 11 (2 to 3:30 p.m.), April 8 (10 to 11:30 a.m.), May 6 (7 to 8:30 p.m.) and June 10 (10 to 11:30 a.m.)
- For all
Discover the basics, communication rules and privacy settings of the world's most popular social network.
The training could take place in person in the event that health guidelines are relaxed.
The Web and its resources (level 2)
- Tuesday, March 2, 10 am to 11 am - iPad Tablet
- Wednesday, March 10, 10 am to 11 am - Android Tablet
- For all
Due to a display space reduced by the screen size of a tablet, the Web display had to adapt by creating new option icons to optimize navigation. This workshop will allow participants to learn how to better use the tablet's unique features. With Alphanumeric.
Level 1 training is not a prerequisite. However, participants must be comfortable with the concepts covered in the Level 1 course.
To click or not to click? Recognize and protect yourself against phishing
- Wednesday, March 17, 2 to 3 p.m.
- For all
Phishing is a type of online fraud that can take many different forms that are sometimes difficult to identify. This workshop will help participants understand how to spot fraudulent e-mails and counterfeit websites. With Alphanumeric.
Introduction to photo retouching
- Tuesday, March 16, 1 to 3 p.m. (The training will take place via this Zoom link)
- For all
To learn the basics of smartphone photo editing with the Google Snapseed application.
No registration required. The training will take place on Zoom (links above).
Initiation to the creation of a website with HTML
- Monday, February 15, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 7, 1 to 2 p.m.
- For citizens 14 years and older
This training will expose the basic concepts of web development. The HTML language, used for the creation of Web sites, will be presented.
Creating a video game with Powerpoint
- Monday, March 15, 6 to 7 p.m.
- For citizens 10 years old and older
Learn how to create a video game with the popular PowerPoint presentation software! Facilitator will share several tips on how to do it.
No registration required.
The activities will take place live on the Zoom platform.
Creation of personalized stickers
- Monday March 8 (attend this workshop via this link Zoom)
- 1 to 3 p.m.
- For all
With the free AutoDraw software and the Lab's vinyl cutting, create a personalized sticker, which can then be picked up at the library by appointment.
The 30 must-read books
- Tuesday, March 23
- 7 p.m.
- For adults
The years 2010 to 2019 saw the publication of several works that have become a must in Quebec literature. What are those 30 books from the last decade that you absolutely must have read before you die? If you don't know what to read, this conference is for you! With Billy Robinson, author and bookseller.
The videoconference will take place on the Zoom platform. The link will be emailed a few days before the event.
Personalized help and project collection
Remote service offered according to the following schedule:
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Get personalized help on the Zoom platform to develop your digital creation projects (3D prints, 3D stickers, badges, etc.). A pick-up service is available to retrieve your creations from the library. Book your session now by e-mail.
If you have any questions, please contact the Library at 450-455-3371, option 6.