Awards and Honours
Over the years, the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion has gained regional, provincial and even international recognition in a number of areas.
Some of our awards
June 2017 – Award of Excellence from La Mutuelle de prévention en santé et sécurité du travail de l'Union des municipalités du Québec
May 2017 – The “Horticulture mon amour” project was selected as a finalist for the Mérite Ovation Municipal award from the Union des municipalités du Québec (UMQ) in the category of Social Development (housing, education and health)
- November 2016 – Ovation Vaudreuil-Soulanges 2016: We won top honours in the Government, Quasi-Government and Municipal Organizations category, as well as the 2016 Ovation award for our world-renowned success in cultural mediation and our active participation in Agenda 21 for Culture.
- May 2016 – In Mexico City, we won the International UCLG Award – Culture 21, in the City/Local or Regional Government category, for our “Je suis...” project.
- Model city 2015, Agenda 21 for Culture – United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG).
- September 2014 – First prize in the Mérite MMQ risk management awards, for our Fire Department.
- July 2014 – The international organization United Cities and Local Governments designated Vaudreuil-Dorion as a pilot city to participate in the Agenda 21 for Culture update.
- May 2014 - We received two distinctions at the Ovation awards, organized by the Union des municipalités du Quebec: a Municipal Ovation Merit in the category Citizen approach, democratic life, intercultural and intercommunity relations and relations with citizens, for the Mozaïk Parade; and the Joseph-Beaubien Étoile Argent prize, for the project "Les artistes du bonheur".
- March 2014 – Distinction Antonio Lemaire, awarded by the organization Réseau Environnement: Vaudreuil-Dorion was recognized as an environmental leader for our semi-underground waste containers.
- September 2013 – At the Réseau québécois de Villes et Villages en santé annual conference, we won the Friendly and Supportive Communities award (population of 20,000 or more) for our “Je suis...” project.
- November 2011 – An Ovations Vaudreuil-Soulanges award, Arts and Culture category, for our “Je suis…” project.
- May 2011 – A Municipal Ovation award, Culture, Heritage, Sports and Recreation category, for our “Je suis…” project.
- February 2011 –Vaudreuil-Dorion was cited in a publication by the Les Arts et la Ville network describing 13 exemplary projects for cultural development.
- November 2009 – An Ovations Vaudreuil-Soulanges award, Government, Quasi-Government and Municipal Organizations category for its achievements and policies in employees development and management.