Information and schedule
Vaudreuil-Dorion Library offers a dynamic environment planned around discovery and pleasure. In addition to the impressive collection of books, magazines, DVDs, CDs and more, the Library offers activities for every taste.
Vaudreuil-Dorion J7V 6E6
Tel: 450-455-3371, option 6
Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Library is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Eve, New Year’s Day and January 2nd, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday, National Patriots' Day, St-Jean-Baptiste Day, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Vaudreuil-Dorion residents: free
Vaudreuil-sur-le-Lac residents: $75
When subscribing to the Library, a resident’s card is issued. If you already have one, make sure you have it on hand when you take out your membership. This card is issued for four years and validated every year. At the time of issuing and validating, you must provide proof of residence and photo identification.
Is there something you’d like to see in our collection? Suggestions for purchase are welcome. Ask for a form at the loans desk.
- French, English and Spanish Books
- French and English digital books
- Newspapers and magazines
- Large print books
- Compact discs
- Audio books
- Language courses
- Sheet music
- Board games
You must bring your card to borrow items.
Loans are for three weeks.
Members aged 12 and over: youth and adult collections
Members under 12: youth collection
You are permitted to borrow:
- 10 books
- 5 magazines
- 2 audio books
- 5 compact discs
- 5 DVDs or Blu-Rays
- 6 digital books
- 2 language courses
You may renew a single item up to three times, either on-site or online.
You may reserve an item on site, by phone or online.
Late charges are $0.15 per adult item per day and $0.05 per youth item per day.
You are responsible for all items you borrow. To avoid costs:
- Check the condition of items before borrowing
- Be sure to keep them in a clean, dry place
- Do not repair a damaged item yourself
The book drop box, located to the right of the main entrance, is accessible when the library is closed. Board games may not be left in the drop box because of the risk of damage.
If the item you are looking for is not in the collection, it is possible to borrow it from another library. Submit your application via Le catalogue des bibliothèques du Québec or by going to the loans counter.
Pretnumerique.ca and Overdrive platforms allow users to download digital books in French or English from home.
The following digital resources are also available:
- Encyclopédie Découverte
The Vaudreuil-Dorion Library offers a wide variety of cultural activities for all age groups. Consult the schedule in the calendar of activities.
- Story Time (3 to 5 years)
- Explorers’ Club (5 to 12 years)
- Board games family evenings
- Summer Reading Club (0-16 years)
- World Book and Copyright Day
- Public Library Week
- Reading Tent in the park during the summer
- Schools service: classroom visits by appointment, loan of items to groups and teachers
- Reader assistance: on-site reference service
- A Birth and a Book: receive a gift bag by registering your child 12 months and under
- Heritage Room: genealogical research
- Photocopier: black and white – $0.25, colour – $0.75
- Internet: on-site Internet stations with word processing (8 years and older), resident’s card required. Antidote software (grammar checker and dictionaries) is installed on Internet workstations. Free WiFi available.
- Printing: $0.25 per page