Information and schedule
Vaudreuil-Dorion Library offers a dynamic environment planned around discovery and pleasure. In addition to the impressive collection of books, magazines, DVDs, CDs and more, the Library offers activities for every taste.
Vaudreuil-Dorion J7V 6E6
Tel: 450-455-3371, option 6
Contactless pick-up service schedule
Wednesday to Saturday, by appointment
Le Lab at home
Whether it is for the creation of a comic strip, buttons or stickers, it is possible to make an appointment with the Lab coordinator for individual support. Let him know your creative desires by email. Service offered from Monday to Friday, by appointment.
The Library is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Eve, New Year’s Day and January 2nd, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday, National Patriots' Day, St-Jean-Baptiste Day, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As of May 25, the Vaudreuil-Dorion library is pleased to offer a contactless pick-up service to all its subscribers. In order to take advantage of this new service, you can now reserve your documents:
- Through the catalogue
- By e-mail
- By phone : 450 455-3371, option 6 (from Monday to Satuday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.)
An appointment will then be made with the subscriber. The subscriber will have to go to the main door of the library to pick up his or her documents. Rest assured that the library will take all necessary measures to ensure the health and safety of all.
Loan of documents
- Loan of 6 weeks (renewable 3 times)
- Limit of 5 reservations
Return of documents
- With few exceptions, all documents must be returned in the chute.
- Board games can be flipped in the chute if the format allows it. Boxes that do not fit in the chute must be returned after making an appointment.
For those who do not have a citizen card and who would like to take advantage of the pick-up service, it is possible to create an account from the platform AccèsCité.
If you find out that your subscription has expired, do not hesitate to contact the library to have it extended.
- All returned documents are quarantined for three days.
- Teleworking is preferred for staff who are not assigned to the loan and return of documents.
- Physical distancing is applied at all times both among colleagues and with the public.
- Employees wash their hands regularly with soap and water.
- Counters, desks, carts, chairs (except fabric ones) and tables used by staff are disinfected every shift or employee rotation.
- Training on the health measures to be applied was given to all employees.
Vaudreuil-Dorion residents: free
Vaudreuil-sur-le-Lac residents: $75
When subscribing to the Library, a resident’s card is issued. If you already have one, make sure you have it on hand when you take out your membership. This card is issued for two years. At the time of issuing, you must provide proof of residence and photo identification.
Is there something you’d like to see in our collection? Suggestions for purchase are welcome. Ask for a form at the loans desk or make a suggestion from your file in the online catalogue.
- French, English and Spanish Books
- French and English digital books
- Newspapers and magazines
- Large print books
- Compact discs
- Audio books
- Language courses
- Sheet music
- Board games
- Video games
- Trousses pour emporter (take-away kits)
You must bring your card to borrow items.
Loans are for three weeks.
Members aged 12 and over: youth and adult collections
Members under 12: youth collection
You are permitted to borrow:
- 10 books
- 10 digital books
- 5 audio books
- 5 magazines
- 5 compact discs
- 5 DVDs or Blu-Rays
- 2 language courses
- 1 video game
- 1 board game
- 1 trousse pour emporter (take-away kit)
You may renew a single item up to three times, either on-site or online.
You may reserve an item on site, by phone or online.
Late fees were abolished in February 2020. However, users will receive a notice after two weeks of delay, and a bill for the replacement of the document after 28 days of delay.
You are responsible for all items you borrow. To avoid costs:
- Check the condition of items before borrowing
- Be sure to keep them in a clean, dry place
- Do not repair a damaged item yourself
The book drop box, located to the right of the main entrance, is accessible when the library is closed. Board games may not be left in the drop box because of the risk of damage.
If the item you are looking for is not in the collection, it is possible to borrow it from another library. Submit your application via Le catalogue des bibliothèques du Québec or by going to the loans counter.
Pretnumerique.ca and Overdrive platforms allow users to download digital books in French or English from home.
The following digital resources are also available:
- Encyclopédie Découverte
The Vaudreuil-Dorion Library offers a wide variety of cultural activities for all age groups. Consult the schedule in the calendar of activities.
- Story Time (3 to 5 years)
- Explorers’ Club (5 to 12 years)
- Board games family evenings
- Summer Reading Club (0-16 years)
- World Book and Copyright Day
- Public Library Week
- Reading Tent in the park during the summer
- Schools service: classroom visits by appointment, loan of items to groups and teachers
- Reader assistance: on-site reference service
- A Birth and a Book: receive a gift bag by registering your child 12 months and under
- Heritage Room: genealogical research
- Photocopier: black and white – $0.25, colour – $0.75
- Internet: on-site Internet stations with word processing (8 years and older), resident’s card required. Antidote software (grammar checker and dictionaries) is installed on Internet workstations. Free WiFi available.
- Printing: $0.25 per page