Logo and Graphic Standards
The graphic signature of the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion is its only formal identifying mark. It was designed to be distinctive, easy to recognize, and adaptable to all methods of reproduction.
The graphic signature is made up of the logo and the name "Vaudreuil-Dorion". The logo represents the two old municipalities (Vaudreuil and Dorion), amalgamated since 1994.
Left section: Vaudreuil
- The green border represents the green spaces.
- Blue symbolizes the surrounding bodies of water.
- The tree stands for growth, greenery and quality of life.
- The shape of the leaves at the top calls to mind the V of Vaudreuil, while the way in which they are drawn, as arrows, refers to its role as central city.
- The background forms a cross symbolizing our architectural heritage.
Right section: Dorion
- The shape is a capital D for Dorion, and its interior represents the territory of Dorion.
- The blue of the D represents the surrounding water, and the lines running through it evoke reflections in the water, quiet and serene.
- The opening at the top means that Dorion is easily accessible. It also symbolizes openness to worthwhile ideas.
- The green leaf in the middle expresses the nature element, which has a strong presence over the entire territory. The leaf is divided into six parts representing the six districts that make up Dorion.
The City adopted the tagline L’Avenir est ici! (“The future is here”) to express its vitality. These words aptly reflect how the municipality has grown and developed over the past years.
Use of the logo
The City of Vaudreuil-Dorion holds exclusive copyright in the logos of the City and of the “Je suis...” project. These logos are also protected by the Trade-marks Act. No use is permitted without the express written consent of the City.
For questions regarding use of the City logo, please contact the Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.