Although the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion maintains its infrastructure on an ongoing basis, traffic can be impeded by work or events. Every effort is made to reduce the impact on pedestrians, cyclists, residents and motorists.
Here you will find a list of road work projects under way so that you can change your usual route if need be. You'll also be informed about projects coming up in the next few months.
Note that dates are subject to change, as project schedules may be affected by factors such as weather.
Des Chenaux Overpass
The Ministère des Transports du Québec has recently posted a page dedicated to the reconstruction of the Chenaux overpass, which was closed in September 2018 after an inspection found significant defects affecting its bearing capacity. This page contains, among other things, the proposed options, the completion steps, the schedule and the budget. It will be updated when more information becomes available.
Current and upcoming projects
Construction of an intake line to connect the Hudson-Acres, Tree Farms and Ritchie sectors to the water supply system
Paving of the bike path, located in the back lot of Larivée Street at Saint-Charles Avenue
Work aimed at replacing a water pipe located under Highway 40, between Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard and Chemin Dumberry, using directional boring
Excavation and foundation work for the purpose of extending Phil-Goyette and Maurice-Richard streets (paving will be undertaken in the fall)
Re-design of the intersection of Route de Lotbinière and Saint-Jean-Baptiste Avenue
Paving of Chemin Dumberry, between Chemin Des Chenaux and the curve located near Costco
Paving of a portion of Valois Street, specifically between 8th Avenue and 78 Valois Street
Construction of a footbridge for pedestrians and cyclists across Quinchien River to connect Des Nénuphars Street to Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard
Construction of an off-road bike path on Forbes and Boileau streets
Construction of a bike path on Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard, between the entrance of Loisirs Avenue (near the Holiday Inn Express) and Chemin des Chenaux, and extension of the bike path on Bourget street, between De la Canardière Avenue and Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard
In 2019, Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard is expected to be expanded to four lanes between the railway and Henry-Ford Street.
Construction of a tunnel connecting Des Asters and Des Muguets streets (with exo)
A left-turn on De la Gare Boulevard towards D’Orléans Street
A landscaping project for Harwood Boulevard, between Route Harwood and the Taschereau Bridge, subject to the approval of the Ministère des Transports du Québec.
Update of the projects done in 2018
- Valois Street (between 8th Avenue and Route Harwood)
- Chemin des Chenaux (between Bédard Street and 250 Chemin des Chenaux)
- A portion of Docteur-Thauvette Street
- Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard (near De la Gare Boulevard)
- De la Gare Boulevard (between Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard and Orléans Street)
- Chemin de la Petite-Rivière
- Saint-Henri viaduct sector
- Charbonneau Avenue sector
- Martel Street
- Rang Saint-Antoine
- Chicoine Street
- Installation of the overpass above Quinchien River and development of the bike path connecting White and Henry-Ford streets
- Marking of the bike path on Ouimet Street
- Paving of the bike path on Chemin Dumberry
- Development of the bike path on Harwood Boulevard between the Taschereau Bridge and Saint-Jean-Baptiste Avenue (Route verte)
- Replacement of intake pipes in Pointe-des-Cascades and Como sectors using directional boring
- Closing of temporary passage between Des Merisiers and Des Pruches streets
- Reconfiguration of the Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard and De la Gare Boulevard intersection
- Implementation of traffic lights at the corner of De la Gare Boulevard and Maurice-Richard Street
Work executed by EXO
By 2019, EXO (formerly RTM) plans to begin the expansion and permanent development of the station's parking lot, the redevelopment and expansion of the bus loop, and the construction of a second wharf to the north of the railway and a point of sale and services. These amenities aimed at improving user comfort will include, among other things, a secure bicycle shelter, street furniture, a public square and green spaces.
To report potholes
If you see a pothole or other potential road hazard, there are several ways to report it: