Although the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion maintains its infrastructure on an ongoing basis, traffic can be impeded by work or events. Every effort is made to reduce the impact on pedestrians, cyclists, residents and motorists.
Here you will find a list of road work projects under way so that you can change your usual route if need be. You'll also be informed about projects coming up in the next few months.
Note that dates are subject to change, as project schedules may be affected by factors such as weather.
Consctruction work planned for 2020
Bike paths and pedestrian areas
- Work aimed at putting up a bridge over Quinchien River for pedestrians and cyclists began this winter. This bridge will connect Des Nénuphars Street to Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard.
- A pedestrian tunnel connecting Des Asters and Des Muguets streets will be built to facilitate travel between the residential sector and Cité-des-Jeunes high school. The project, overseen by exo and financed by the City, is expected to begin in the spring.
- Work will be done to add a bike path and build a sidewalk on the south side of Jeannotte Street this summer.
- An off-road bike path will be added in the area surrounding Sainte-Madeleine and Saint-Michel schools over the summer. A second bike path, on Ouimet Street, between Leclerc and Briand streets, will also be added.
- A sidewalk will be added to a portion of De la Gare Boulevard, on the north side (between Metro and the Dollarama) over the summer season.
- Construction of two pumping and sanitary wastewater stations in the De la Gare, Durocher and Paul-Gérin-Lajoie sectors will begin this summer and continue until the fall.
- Restoration work will be done on the water and sewer systems as well as on the pavement of Sainte-Madeleine Street.
- André-Chartrand Avenue, between Marier Avenue and the railway tracks, is set to be paved this summer. A pathway will also be added to connect André-Chartrand Avenue and Bellini Street.
- Paving and lighting of Des Nénuphars Street, between Des Dahlias Street and the railway tracks, has been planned for this spring.
- Phase 1 of the construction work aimed at expanding Citédes- Jeunes Boulevard to four lanes is slated to begin in the spring. This phase includes rehabilitation of the boulevard between the pedestrian crossing and Villeneuve Street.
- Paving work will be done on Saint-Louis Street between Saint-Charles Avenue and Louise-Josephte Street.
- Additional work is expected to be completed on Marquis Street and Saint-Charles Avenue, between Montée Cadieux and Marquis Street.
Des Chenaux Overpass
The Ministère des Transports du Québec has recently posted a page dedicated to the reconstruction of the Chenaux overpass, which was closed in September 2018 after an inspection found significant defects affecting its bearing capacity. This page contains, among other things, the proposed options, the completion steps, the schedule and the budget. It will be updated when more information becomes available.
Work executed by EXO
EXO (formerly RTM) begins the expansion and permanent development of the station's parking lot, the redevelopment and expansion of the bus loop, and the construction of a second wharf to the north of the railway and a point of sale and services. These amenities aimed at improving user comfort will include, among other things, a secure bicycle shelter, street furniture, a public square and green spaces.
Main construction works completed in 2019
- Completion of the drinking water pipeline in June 2019 resulted in connecting the Hudson-Acres, Tree Farms and Ritchie sectors to the water supply system. Residences in this sector are therefore now supplied by the filtration plant.
- A drinking water pipeline located under Highway 40, between Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard and Chemin Dumberry, will be replaced using directional boring.
- A bike path will be added on Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard between the entrance of Des Loisirs Avenue (near the Holiday Inn Express) and Chemin des Chenaux as well as on Bourget Street between Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard and De la Canardière Avenue.
- The road surface on Valois Street, between 8th Avenue and 78 Valois Street, will be repaired.
- An off-road bike path will be added on Forbes and Boileau streets and a sidewalk will be built on the north side of Boileau Street, between Lartigue and Forbes streets.
- A drinking water pipeline will be installed under the railway tracks on Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard near Paul-Émile- Borduas Street. This project aims to complete the water network located on the east and west sides of the railway track in order to secure the drinking water supply in the event of a break.
- The road surface on Chemin Dumberry, between Chemin des Chenaux and the curve located near Costco, will be repaired.
- Dutrisac Street, between Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard and Saint-Charles Avenue, will be paved.
- Maurice-Richard and Phil-Goyette streets will be extended.
- Bike paths will be added to Saint-Jean-Baptiste Avenue and Jean-Béliveau Street (off road).
To report potholes
If you see a pothole or other potential road hazard, there are several ways to report it: