Although the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion maintains its infrastructure on an ongoing basis, traffic can be impeded by work or events. Every effort is made to reduce the impact on pedestrians, cyclists, residents and motorists.
Here you will find a list of road work projects under way so that you can change your usual route if need be. You'll also be informed about projects coming up in the next few months.
Note that dates are subject to change, as project schedules may be affected by factors such as weather.
2018 Upcoming work
- The construction of the White overpass will begin shortly, if it is not already underway. The bike path connecting Henry-Ford Street to Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard will be accessible to pedestrians and cyclists before the end of 2018.
- The City is currently preparing plans and specifications for the addition of another cyclist/pedestrian access over Quinchien River between Des Nénuphars Street and Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard. Once ready, these documents will be sent to the MDDELCC. Work for this project is slated to be carried out in late 2018 or early 2019.
- The City is currently preparing plans and specifications for the construction of a tunnel that would connect Des Asters and Des Muguets streets under the railway.
- The work aimed at adding a multipurpose bike path to Harwood Boulevard this summer between the Taschereau Bridge and Saint-Jean-Baptiste Avenue will begin shortly. This new portion of the Route Verte will help ensure the safety of users in this sector.
- Paving of the bike path on Dumberry Street will be done in September or October.
- The contract for the production of plans and specifications for the widening of Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard has been awarded. Once prepared, the documents will be sent to the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques for approval. This particular project targets the section between Ouimet and Henry-Ford streets. The result will feature two lanes in each direction as well as a paved bike path and sidewalks. Construction is slated to take place in the summer of 2019.
- A bike lane segment will be added to the road on Ouimet Street between Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard and Briand Street. Street markings will be laid down over the summer.
- A new bike lane will be built between Larivée and Adam streets in the fall.
- The construction of municipal infrastructures required for the extension of Phil-Goyette and Maurice-Richard streets has been planned for the fall.
- The pumping station, located on Saint-Charles Avenue next to Quinchien River, will be torn down. Major repairs will be done to sanitary sewers between Léger and Chaignaud streets. The City is currently preparing plans and specifications that will be sent to the MDDELCC for approval. The work is expected to be carried out in July and August.
- Paving - summer 2018: Chemin de la Petite-Rivière | Valois Street between Route Harwood and 8e Avenue | Chemin des Chenaux between Bédard Street and 250 Chemin des Chenaux | Docteur-Thauvette Street between Lafleur Street and 393 Docteur-Thauvette | Chicoine Street between Trudeau and De Chenonceau streets | Rang Saint-Antoine between Chicoine Street and Route Harwood | Saint-Henri Avenue sector (Charbonneau, Saint-Georges and Saint-Henri avenues and the short section of Valois Street)
Repair of the Île-aux-Tourtes Bridge
The Ministère des Transports du Québec is embarking is extending the duration of the repair work on the westbound Île-aux-Tourtes bridge until the end of spring 2018. Dynamic traffic management measures based on peak-hour circulation will be implemented, using removable barriers to minimize the impact on traffic.
Westbound (towards Vaudreuil-Dorion)
3 lanes open 2:00 – 8:00 PM on weekdays
2 lanes open outside this period
Trucks excluded from the left lane
Eastbound (towards Montreal)
2 lanes open from noon to 10:00 PM on weekdays
3 lanes open outside this period
To report potholes
If you see a pothole or other potential road hazard, there are several ways to report it: