Although the City of Vaudreuil-Dorion maintains its infrastructure on an ongoing basis, traffic can be impeded by work or events. Every effort is made to reduce the impact on pedestrians, cyclists, residents and motorists.
Here you will find a list of road work projects under way so that you can change your usual route if need be. You'll also be informed about projects coming up in the next few months.
Note that dates are subject to change, as project schedules may be affected by factors such as weather.
Barriers to traffic:
- The section of Marier Street between Henry-Ford and Claude-Léveillée streets is closed due to construction. The reopening is scheduled for Thursday, July 11th. Detour: André-Chartrand streets, Tonnancour, Valois or Henry-Ford street and Harwood road
- Thursday, July 11, between 9 am and 4 pm: Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard will be closed in both directions between Bill-Durnan and Marc-Aurèle-Fortin Streets. A detour path through the streets Ouimet, Forbes, and the Boulevard de la Gare will be set up.
- Thursday, July 11 and Friday, July 12: Work will be responsible for the closure of two westbound lanes of rue Joseph-Carrier, between Avenue Saint-Charles and Aimé-Vincent Street. Traffic will be maintained in both directions, one lane in each direction on the south side of the median.
Rehabilitation of the Dumberry Road surface
Work on the rehabilitation of the road surface of part of Dumberry Road (between Chemin des Chenaux and the curve near Costco) begins June 25, 9 pm. The work will be carried out at night, from 9 pm to 6 am. Road barriers will only occur during this period, but delays are expected as traffic will alternate.
Des Chenaux Overpass
The Ministère des Transports du Québec has recently posted a page dedicated to the reconstruction of the Chenaux overpass, which was closed in September 2018 after an inspection found significant defects affecting its bearing capacity. This page contains, among other things, the proposed options, the completion steps, the schedule and the budget. It will be updated when more information becomes available.
Work executed by EXO
EXO (formerly RTM) begins the expansion and permanent development of the station's parking lot, the redevelopment and expansion of the bus loop, and the construction of a second wharf to the north of the railway and a point of sale and services. These amenities aimed at improving user comfort will include, among other things, a secure bicycle shelter, street furniture, a public square and green spaces.
Restoration work on the Vaudreuil station and parking lot
Temporary closure of the north parking lot of the Vaudreuil train station as of June 17, 2019
To allow expansion of the bus loop and northern parking, the north parking will be closed as of Monday, June 17.
Motorists are invited to use the spaces reserved for customers exo identified in the parking Centre Multisports, located at 3093 Boulevard de la Gare.
Given the distance between the Centre Multisports parking lot and the bus loop, exo asks its customers to plan their trips by going 10 minutes in advance of their usual schedule.
Relocation of the bus loop starting June 25, 2019
In addition, the bus loop at the Vaudreuil station will be temporarily relocated starting June 25.
A temporary bus loop will be built on Émile-Bouchard Street, at the location indicated on the map below. Boarding docks will be changed so guests are advised to refer to the plan below for changes. The relocation will be effective for 16 weeks.
Current and upcoming projects
- Paving of the bike path, located in the back lot of Larivée Street at Saint-Charles Avenue
Construction of a drinking water pipe under the railway on Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard near Paul-Émile-Borduas Street. The objective is to connect the water network on the east and west sides of the railway, keeping the water supply network secure in the event of a break. Furthermore, Exo will undertake the reconstruction of the railway bridge and widening of the level crossing on Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard.
Paving of the extending Phil-Goyette and Maurice-Richard streets in the fall
Re-design of the intersection of Route de Lotbinière and Saint-Jean-Baptiste Avenue
Paving of Chemin Dumberry, between Chemin Des Chenaux and the curve located near Costco
Paving of a portion of Valois Street, specifically between 8th Avenue and 78 Valois Street
Construction of a footbridge for pedestrians and cyclists across Quinchien River to connect Des Nénuphars Street to Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard
Construction of an off-road bike path on Forbes and Boileau streets and a sidewalk on the north side of Boileau Street between Lartigue and Forbes streets
Construction of a bike path on Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard, between the entrance of Loisirs Avenue (near the Holiday Inn Express) and Chemin des Chenaux, and extension of the bike path on Bourget street, between De la Canardière Avenue and Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard
- Construction of a tunnel connecting Des Asters and Des Muguets streets (with exo)
- Construction of a bike path along Saint-Jean-Baptiste Avenue (on the road) as well as in Carré-Dorion Park (off road)
- Rehabilitation of Guérets Street by the Municipality of Vaudreuil-sur-le-Lac
To report potholes
If you see a pothole or other potential road hazard, there are several ways to report it: