People with Disabilities
The City of Vaudreuil-Dorion wants to make all aspects of life easier for people with disabilities. To this end, it implements accessibility measures while remaining within administrative, organizational and financial limits.
Action Plan for People with Disabilities
Under Section 6.1.1 of the Act to Secure Handicapped Persons in the Exercise of Their Rights with a View to Achieving Social, School and Workplace Integration, all government departments, most public-sector organizations, and municipalities with a population of more than 15,000 must produce, adopt and annually publish an action plan for people with disabilities.
The City's action plan sets out the measures it will implement in 2019 to reduce obstacles to the integration of disabled people in its various sectors of activity. The plan is updated annually.
If you have questions or comments regarding accessibility for people with disabilities in the territory of Vaudreuil-Dorion, please call us at 450-455-3371 or fill out an online request.
The City offers an accompaniment service for physically or mentally disabled children who otherwise would not be able to attend day camp. The purpose of this program is not to replace special-needs camps but to enable disabled children to attend the Animation Jeunesse day camp.
Applications for this service must be submitted by the end of February each year. Applications received after that date will be rejected. By applying, you’re not officially signing up for the program but simply giving us an idea of the need for this service so that we can request funding. For more information or to make an appointment to fill out an application, please contact the Recreation and Culture Department at 450-455-3371, option 4.
The following specialized institutions and community organizations offer services to people with disabilities and their families in the territory of Vaudreuil-Soulanges (note that these websites are in French only):
- Centre de réadaptation en déficience intellectuelle et en troubles envahissants du développement de la Montérégie-Est (CRDITED) (rehabilitation centre for persons with intellectual impairment or pervasive developmental disorder) – Web Site
- Services de réadaptation du Sud-Ouest et du Renfort (SRSOR)(rehabilitation services for southwestern Québec) – Web Site
- Centre montérégien de réadaptation (Montérégie rehabilitation centre for motor, auditory and language impairments) – Web Site
- Institut Nazareth et Louis-Braille (visual impairment) – Web Site
- Autisme Montérégie – Web Site
- Centre Notre-Dame de Fatima – Web Site
- Moulin de la Source – Web Site
- SDEM SEMO Montérégie (job placement assistance service for disabled persons) – Web Site
- Zone Loisir Montérégie (recreational services for people with disabilities) – Web Site
- Parents d’enfants handicapés avec difficultés d’adaptation ou d’apprentissage (PEHDAA)(parents of special-needs children) – Facebook page – 450-424-7505
- La Relâche (Répit Vaudreuil-Soulanges) (special-needs day camp) – 450-424-1295
- Parrainage civique de Vaudreuil-Soulanges (citizen advocacy), Vaudreuil-Dorion – 450-455-1228
Any disabled person living in the territory of Vaudreuil-Dorion and unable to use regular public transit may use the Transport Soleil service. For more information on this service and eligibility requirements, go to transportsoleil.qc.ca.
Vaudreuil-Dorion J7V 1E7
Telephone: 450 424-0744
Fax: 450 218-1980
EMERGENCIES: 514 449-2654