Civil Marriage

The Mayor and certain Councillors have the power to act as celebrants at civil marriages. As residents of Vaudreuil-Dorion, you can request them to celebrate your wedding.


You first have to fill out a form, available at City Hall. You must then submit the completed form, together with your birth certificate or citizenship certificate (the original, which will be returned to you). If applicable, you may also be asked for the death certificate of a deceased spouse, the judgment or official copy of a divorce, or the written consent to the marriage from the father or mother of a future minor spouse or of his/her guardian or curator as the case may be.

Afterward, you will be invited to an interview with the celebrant. It is important that a witness accompany the two future spouses to this meeting. The date and time of the wedding will be confirmed on this occasion. You then sign a declaration of marriage, which must be posted for 20 days. This is also the time when you have to pay the expenses related to your marriage.


The Mayor and Councillors celebrate civil weddings between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday to Saturday. The site of the celebration must be located on the territory of Vaudreuil-Dorion.


The fee for celebrating a civil marriage at City Hall is $291 plus taxes. In addition, there is a $20 fee for the rental of the council chamber at City Hall. If you would like the celebration to take place outside City Hall, the fee is $387 plus taxes.

If you would like information on civil marriages, please contact City Hall at 450 455-3371, ext. 2000, or