Mission and Values
Mission: Here at City Hall, our team is committed to excellence, sound management, innovation and openness. We’re proud of the quality of life in our community.
- Respect: Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and be attentive and empathetic.
- Teamwork: Work together, sharing our expertise, skills and strengths. Focus on common objectives and interests.
- Leadership: Have a positive influence. Contribute to the City's reputation by guiding, inspiring and showing initiative.
- Integrity: Act with discernment. Be aware that in everything we do, we are ambassadors of the City.
- Efficiency: Offer the quality that we would like to receive. Optimize and be adaptable. Uphold our commitments.
In 2015, Municipal Council, in conjunction with the Management Team, conducted a review of the organization's mission and values. They serve as a guide to daily action and enable employees to work together toward the same goals. At City Hall you can admire a work that symbolizes the process of developing the City's mission and values: a hot-air balloon by artist Tina Struthers. All the words on the balloon come from a cultural mediation activity with participation by City employees.