The City of Vaudreuil-Dorion offers several collections to its citizens in order to dispose of their residual materials in a responsible manner.
Search by adress
For all the information regarding your residence (such as your sector), use the Search by address.
2022 Collection schedule
Household garbage collection is conducted every two weeks for all single-family homes and buildings with four or fewer units. It takes place on Tuesdays for sectors 1, 4 and 5 and on Thursdays for sectors 2 and 3. Be sure to place your wheeled bin at the curb before 7:00 a.m.
Consult the municipal calendar for exact dates.
For complete details on garbage collection, see the Recycling and Garbage page.
Recycling collection takes place every Friday for sectors 1, 2, 3 and 4 and every Tuesday for sector 5. Be sure to place your wheeled bin at the curb before 7:00 a.m.
For more details on this collection, see the Recycling and Garbage page.
Food waste collection takes place every Tuesday for sectors 1, 4 and 5 and every Thursday for sectors 2 and 3. Be sure to place your wheeled bin (latch removed) at the curb before 7:00 a.m.
For complete details on food waste collection, consult the Food waste page.
*Please note that some residences are not yet serviced by food waste collection. If you have any questions, please contact the Environment Section by e-mail or at 450 455-3371, option 1.
Every two weeks, from May to October, green waste collections take place. They are held on Tuesdays for sectors 1, 4 and 5 and on Thursdays for sectors 2 and 3. Be sure to drop off your bags or bulk waste* at the curb before 7 a.m**. Consult the municipal calendar for exact dates.
Fall waste collections will be added and posted on the website later in the year.
*in a large plastic garbage can, non-roll-out garbage can, etc.
**Please note that bags cannot be placed at the curb more than five days prior to collection.
Details about this collection can be found on the Organic Waste page.
Large items are picked up every third Tuesday of the month for sectors 1, 4 and 5 and every third Thursday of the month for sectors 2 and 3. Bulky waste may be deposited at the curb up to five days prior to collection and by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
Special collections of large items are also taking place on June 22 and July 5, 2022.
Sending large items to landfill should be a last resort. For this reason, only the following items are accepted:
- Furniture and mattresses
For full details, consult the Large items page.
Each year, three branch collections are held in the spring and three in the fall. A collection was added during the summer for the coming year. The collection dates are different depending on the sector. Branch collections for the year 2022 take place in the following weeks:
Sectors 1 and 2 :
- May 2
- May 23
- June 13
- July 25
- September 5
- September 27
- October 17
Sector 3 :
- May 9
- May 30
- June 20
- August 1st
- September 12
- October 3
- October 24
Sectors 4 and 5 :
- May 16
- June 6
- June 27
- August 8
- September 29
- October 10
- October 31st
Be sure to place your branches at the curb before 7 a.m. on Monday morning. For more details, see the Organic Waste page.
Two special cardboard collections will be carried out during the year 2022, on the same day as the recycling collection.
Sectors 1, 2, 3 and 4 :
- January 7
- July 8
Sector 5 :
- January 4
- July 5
During these collections, it is mandatory that you disassemble and stack your boxes together, either by inserting them into a single box or by using rope or transparent tape, and then place them next to your wheeled bin. It should be noted that the boxes should be of a reasonable size. For example, appliance boxes should be cut. The maximum size of the dismantled boxes must be 1 m2.
From January 3 to 14, 2022 the collection of natural fir trees will take place. These must be placed at the curb before January 3. In addition to this collection, from January 3 to 14, they can be brought:
- to the Maison-Valois park (at the indicated place)
- at the municipal garage (205, Valois Street)
For ease of collection, all decorations, including ice, should be removed. Please note that trees are no longer accepted for collection of large items.
- Wheeled bins must be placed one metre from the street (not in the street or on the sidewalk), one metre from cars, buildings or other objects and at least 50 cm from each other, with the wheels on the side of your residence.
- Wheeled bins cannot be left at the curb between Friday at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Wheeled bins must not interfere with snow removal or street cleaning.
- Wheeled bins are the property of the City. Each roll-out bin has a serial number associated with an address. They should therefore not be interchanged with those of the neighbors. The owner must write their address on the roll-out bin.
- Wheeled bins cannot be left more than one metre from the facade of an occupancy unit or an accessory building. However, it is permitted to leave a wheeled bin in front of an occupancy unit if it is less than one metre from it.
- No residue or bags of garbage shall be placed beside or on the wheeled bins and the lids shall be closed.
- Black bins and brown bins must be placed at a safe distance from each other, such as at each end of your parking lot, so that the mechanical arm of the truck does not drop the other bin.
- Dusty residues or those that can easily be blown away during decanting should be placed in a bag before being placed in the bins.
- There is no recycling collection at Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- There is no garbage and food waste collection at Christmas or New Year's Day.
- Failure to follow some of these instructions may result in the wheeled bin not being picked up and may result in fines.
Bin placement – Multi-unit residential buildings
- Bins must be placed in the driveway, not in the street or on the sidewalk.
- In summer, they may be lined up at the edge of the property, next to the street.
- In winter, to allow for snow removal, they must be lined up in the driveway, perpendicular to the street and all on the same side, with the wheels toward the building.
Repairing or replacing a wheeled bin
Regular cleaning of curbside bins is strongly recommended, especially before they are to be repaired or replaced. If your bin is broken, contact the Public Works Department by e-mail or at 450 455-3371, ext. 2956.
Your bin has not been emptied? First, make sure that all the materials in it are allowed in the collection in question and that it was placed at the curb before 7 a.m. If this is the case, contact the Public Works Department by e-mail or at 450-455-3371, ext. 2956, to report the situation.