Winter car shelters and snow removal
Winter car shelters, commonly referred to as Tempos, are allowed from November 1 to April 15. The installation of the structure only (without the tarp) is autorized from October 15. No permit is required. However, the shelters shall:
- consist of a metal or wood frame covered with canvas or polyethylene;
- be located at least 0.6 m from the sidewalk and 1 m from any fire hydrant, and never less than 1.5 m from the roadway;
- be no more than 2.3 m high;
- cover an area of no more than 65 m2;
- be removed and stored for the rest of the year.
If you hire a snow removal contractor, make sure the person has a permit from the City. The use of snow plow stakes on private property is allowed only after November 1st.