Recycling and Garbage
Recyclable material collection takes place on Tuesdays for Sector 5 and Fridays for all other sectors except Christmas Day and New Year's Day. To find out your sector, consult the Search by address tool.
For an item to be recyclable, you must be able to answer "yes" to these two questions:
- Is it made of paper, cardboard, plastic, glass or metal?
- Is it a container, packaging or printed matter?
Consult this checklist to find out which materials are recyclable and which are not.
Use the Tricycle tool developed by the MRC Vaudreuil-Soulanges to determine the best place to dispose of your materials.
As of January 2017, all recyclable materials in the MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges are sent to the Tricentris sorting centre in Lachute. That's 16,000 tons a year!
Visit the site of this non-profit organization to discover the journey taken by your recyclable materials and to find out what products they're used to make.
Regular collection of household waste is scheduled by zone: Thursdays for zone 2 and 3 and Tuesdays for zone 1, 4 and 5. To find out your sector, consult the Search by address tool.
The frequency of garbage collection is every two weeks for all single-family homes and buildings with four units or less. *
To learn more, consult our Frequently asked questions.
* Some exceptions apply.
- Green waste: leaves, grass, branches
- Household hazardous waste (e.g. propane tanks)
- Information and communications technology residues (e.g., television)
- Large items (e.g. sink)
- Unprotected sharp, cutting or pointed objects
- Construction, demolition and renovation materials
- Uncooled ashes
- Earth, brick and asphalt